Our centres have the following facilities and services:
- Ramp access to building (All sites)
- Electronic entrance doors (At Andover Leisure Centre and The Rapids)
- Hearing loop at reception (At Andover Leisure Centre and The Rapids)
- Wheelchair access throughout all our centres.
- Lift to higher level floors (All centres where applicable)
- Separate disabled changing / toilets and showers (At Andover Leisure Centre and The Rapids)
- Accessible Gym equipment
- Pool hoist (At Andover Leisure Centre – access at The Rapids via graduated slope)
- Disabled swimming sessions (ADSAD session at Andover Leisure Centre and a session at The Rapids, also queue jumping at The Rapids for swimming during busy periods when you phone and book in advance)
- Braille on some of our in centre signage (The Rapids)
- Large format printed materials (on request)
ADSAD Swimming Session at Andover Leisure Centre
Andover and District Sports Association for the Disabled (ADSAD) is a small charity created over 25 years ago to provide sporting activities for people with any disabilities, of all ages, plus their families/helpers, in the Andover area.
ADSAD run a Swimming session on a Saturday evening at Andover Leisure Centre between 5:30 and 6:30pm. It is not a competitive session, but they have friendly volunteer instructors on hand to help you in the water if you would like to learn to swim. For any children coming, they provide a fun and online cialis scam safe environment and have the full use of the swimming pool flotation aids – plus some special ones of our own.
Costs are an annual subscription of £5 to ASDAD and £2.50 for the disabled member each time they swim but one parent/helper goes free.