TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. A membership card is non-transferable and shall not be used by any other person other than the member to whom it was issued.
2. Lump Sum memberships are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Lump Sum payment will entitle you to access to the facilities and services up until the 31st March 2017
3. An admin fee is payable by all new members purchasing a fully inclusive membership.
4. Valley Leisure Limited (the charity) will refund all membership monies in full within the first 14 days of a membership if a new member is not fully satisfied with the service provided.
5. Members electing for membership by the monthly Flexible Direct Debit may cancel their membership in writing giving 30 day’s notice, including a full months Direct Debit payment. Failure to abide by the cancellation policy may lead to additional charges and legal action being taken if appropriate. Members agree to comply with the rules of the charity in addition to the Customer Agreement associated with their membership.
Off peak members can access the facilities Monday to Friday from 11.00am to 4.00pm (last entry at 3.30pm). Saturday and Sunday’s will be in line with the sites full normal operating hours. Any bookings/access outside of the off peak times will be subject to additional charges as appropriate.
6. Where the selected payment option is by Direct Debit monthly instalment plan, membership will continue to run after the minimum contract period on a month by month basis, unless cancelled by either party in writing giving 30days notice. A full membership payment will be taken during the 30 days notice. Any monies paid prior to cancellation are non-refundable.
7. The charity reserves the right to change the amounts to be paid and the payment dates. Should the charity wish to implement the change members will be notified in writing at least 14 days in advance.
8. The charity reserves the right to refuse or cancel any membership in circumstances which could be detrimental to the commercial interests of the charity.
9. A member’s card is not a means of free entry to the centre. All relevant fees must be paid prior to undertaking any activity not included within the membership type. Access may be denied if money is owed.
10. Members must abide by the Centres admissions policy.
11. Fully inclusive members can book studio classes (there are some exceptions highlighted on studio timetables) and courts up to 7 days in advance. No guarantee can be given by the charity as to the use or availability of equipment and facilities. The charity reserves the right to limit the number of bookings in respect of any activity. Back to back bookings of racket sports will incur an additional charge.
12. Failure to honour a booking, with less than 24 hours prior notice can result in members being charged in full for the booking. Continual failure to attend and pay for bookings, this includes all membership types, may result in loss of booking privileges and/or suspension of membership and this includes all membership types.
13. The charity reserves the right to specify on what days and what times entry to the centre and the use of its facilities and equipment will be available to members. The charity reserves the right to declare facilities and equipment unsuitable for use and to determine opening and closing times of the centre and for each service within it.
14. The charity reserves the right to close all or sections of its sites due to maintenance or development work without refund of fees paid and after giving members 7 days’ notice in advance.
15. The charity reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at short notice to reflect changes in the strategic operation of the centre. If this should become necessary, then 7 day’s notice will be given to members.
16. The charity accepts no responsibility for the property of members using the facilities
17. Members failing to abide by the above terms and conditions may have their membership suspended or withdrawn.
18. Any customer complaints with regards our consumer credit activities should be put in writing and sent to the Membership Department. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 7 working days.
Providing services on behalf of Test Valley Borough Council. Operated by Valley Leisure LTD. West Street, Andover, Hants, SP10 1QP. Co. Registration No. 2188010 Registered in England and Wales. Registered as a Charity No. 800760.Updated: November 2016